Course syllabus MIAX10020 - Ambient Intelligence Technologies (FI - SS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:||MIAX10020|
|Course unit title:||Ambient Intelligence Technologies|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||2nd school year|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Students‘ results are evaluated according to the classification specified in official faculty documents:|
a) A - 94 - 100% excellent (PASS) = 1
b) B - 86 – 93 % very good (PASS) = 1,5
c) C - 76 – 85 % good (PASS) = 2
d) D - 66 – 75 % satisfactory (PASS) = 2,5
e) E - 56 – 65 % sufficient (PASS) = 3
f) FX - 0 – 55 % insufficient (FAIL)= 4.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal of the course is to provide students information regarding the latest trends in the area of Internet of things, operating system Android and the advent of IPv6, including the mechanism for interoperability with existing systems. Students also obtain practical hands-on experience by programming simple networked applications in C++ utilizing POSIX network sockets interface.|
|1. Information infrastructure in modern society. The Internet of Things concept.
2. Modern data-link layer technologies.
3. Application of IPv6 in intelligent environment. Addressing in IPv6.
4. Autoconfiguration in modern networks.
5. Routing and routing protocols in modern networks. Cisco routers.
6. Mechanisms for transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
7. DNS and IPv6.
8. Mobile IPv6.
9. Security aspects and on-line privacy in intelligent environment.
10. Operating system Android.
11. Networking in POSIX operating systems. Socket API.
12. Applications of intelligent environment.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 0|
|Name of lecturer(s):||RNDr. Ján Lacko, PhD. (person responsible for course)|
Ing. Erich Stark, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
|Last modification:||13. 11. 2019|
|Supervisor:||RNDr. Ján Lacko, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 11/13/2019.