Sylabus predmetu MIAX10008 - Business Intelligence (FI - WS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:||MIAX10008|
|Course unit title:||Business Intelligence|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied informatics, 1st semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|submission of semester work - 40 points and oral exam - max 60 points|
A = 94 – 100 bodov = 1
B = 86 – 93 bodov = 1,5
C = 76 – 85 bodov = 2
D = 66 – 75 bodov = 2,5
E = 56 – 65 bodov = 3
FX = 0 – 55 bodov = 4
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal is to create the necessary theoretical and practical conditions for dealing with applications and Business Intelligence projects, hence oriented applications to support analysis, planning and other management activities in the company. The subject should answer questions about what is the core of Business Intelligence and what effects it brings, how Business Intelligence tasks are designed, implemented and operated.|
|1. The essence and purpose of Business Intelligence, the current developments in the field, the current state of demand and supply in the ICT market.
2. Basic functional and technological principles of Business Intelligence, components of BI solution - production database data warehouses, data market, data pumps, management applications.
3. Principles of dimensional modeling, documentation of dimensional models, dimensional data schema, examples of practical models.
4. Access to Business Intelligence solution - independent data marketplace, integrated data warehouse, incremental solution, main architectures of Business Intelligence solution.
5. Business Intelligence tasks management, solution phases, their goal, content, documentation.
6. Modeling of data warehouses and markets.
7. Solution of data transformations, principles of design and implementation of data pumps.
8. Principles of design and implementation of managerial applications, Dashboards, standard reporting.
9. Application possibilities and areas of application of Business Intelligence.
10. Principles and application possibilities of data mining (data mining).
11. Data quality problems and data quality management, S dimensional changes (SCD, Slowly Changing Dimensions).
12. Factors of success of Business Intelligence solution and operation, experience from projects of this type
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Assessed students in total: 127|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Július Hlaváč, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
|Last modification:||25. 11. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Ing. Július Hlaváč, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 11/25/2019.