Course syllabus BIAX10012 - Object Oriented Programming with Java (FI - WS 2019/2020)
|Course unit code:||BIAX10012|
Course unit title:
Object Oriented Programming with Java
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
Applied Informatics, 2. year, 3. semester
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
|in-class tests and programming assignments - 40 %|
final written exam - 60 %
A = 94 - 100 points
B = 86 - 93 points
C = 76 - 85 points
D = 66 - 75 points
E = 56 - 65 points
FX = 0 - 55 points
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
The main goal of this lecture is to get used to basic concepts of object-oriented paradigm. Students after finishing this class will be able to write and debug programs in Java containing inheritance of classes, polymorphisms and GUI.
|1. Introduction into object-oriented programming.
2. Overview of constructions in Java: classes, objects, conditions, loops,
3. Input/Output system in Java.
3. Reusable classes and packages.
4. GUI classes and event-driven programming
5. Inheritance: types and advantages of inheritance, its price: speed, size of
6. Polymorphisms: variables, abstract methods, overloading of methods.
7. Threads, their creation and usage.
8. Exception handling in Java.
9. Synchronization of Threads, security of Java programs.
10. Java Applications, Applets and HTML.
11. Mechanisms of software reuse: dynamic composition, inheritance of inner
12. Graphics in Java.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 381|
Name of lecturer(s):
|Last modification:||25. 11. 2019|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 11/25/2019.