Course syllabus BIAX10014 - Operating Systems (FI - WS 2019/2020)
|Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:||Operating Systems|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||bachelor study program, 3rd semester|
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
|Evaluation: two individual tasks 20% + 40%, final examination test 40%. Maximal sum 100%, minimal sum for success 56%. Final evaluation A 100%-94%, B 93%-86%, C 85%-76%, D 75%-66%, E 65%-56%, FX under 56%|
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
The study goal is to get the knowledge about principles of operating systems construction, to understand control algorithms for parallel processes, memory allocation, filesystems and input/output communication. Practical tasks are oriented to study and understanding of processes, memory and file system.
1. Operating system paradigm, system services, administrator mode and user mode.
2. Parallel processes: scheduling, communication, synchronisation, mutual exclusion.
3. Memory management: paging management, virtual memory.
4. Filesystems and data structures.
5. User interface, input and output.
6. Architectural principles of selected operating systems.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|programming skills in C language or in other suitable language are needed|
|Assessed students in total: 358|
Name of lecturer(s):
Ing. Juraj Štefanovič, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)
25. 11. 2019
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 11/25/2019.