Course syllabus BIAX10044 - Project Management (FI - WS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:||BIAX10044|
|Course unit title:||Project Management|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||The subject is for bachelor degree|
|Level of study:||-- item not defined --|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Attitudes to study and work in a team 10 points, project 30 points. During the semester, total 40 points.|
Written examination and oral test on knowledge of MS Project: 60 points
A = 94-100 points = 1
B = 86-93 points = 1.5
C = 76-85 points = 2
D = 66-75 points = 2.5
E = 56-65 points = 3
FX = 0-55 points = 4
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal of this subject is to provide students with basic knowledge of Project Management and the most widely methods used in the management and development of Information Systems. Particular attention is paid to the issues of software products. Students simultaneously learn to use Microsoft Project to plan and manage projects.|
|1. Project Management and his history. Basic characteristics. Organization of the project.
2. The life cycle of projects. Methods used in the management of projects.
3. Gantt charts method. Methods of classical and agile project management.
4. Introduction to methodology of system PRINCE2 and SCRUM.
5. MS Project. Specific examples of applications.
6. The tasks of the project and the WBS decomposition. Decomposition into subtasks.
7. Resources, financial costs of the project.
8. Critical Path. Project Monitoring.
9. View reports, Graphic visualization of project.
10. Nesting projects. Risk management methods.
11. MS Excel - Pivot Table
12. Introduction to Business Intelligence
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Assessed students in total: 189|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. RNDr. Eugen Ružický, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
|Last modification:||8. 11. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. RNDr. Eugen Ružický, CSc.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 11/08/2019.