Course syllabus BIAX10002 - Introduction to Information Technology (FI - WS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:||BIAX10002|
|Course unit title:||Introduction to Information Technology|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Informatics, 1.|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Evaluation: individual projects: 25% + 25%, final test: 50%.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Basic universal knowledge of computer architecture, algorithms, programming, operating systems and networks. Selected applications for processing of document, data and multimedia. Current technological development and important historical facts.|
|1. Algorithm, its properties, examples, complexity, heuristics.
2. Number systems, coding, memory and pointers, data structures.
3. Processor, logic circuits, machine code, instruction set / cycle, pipelining, interrupt.
4. Computer architectures, embedded and special processors, cache memory.
5. Assembler, compiler, syntax and semantics, programming languages structural
and object oriented, function and procedure, recursion, emulation, virtualisation.
6. History of information technology, principles of vintage devices in comparison with contemporary technology.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Assessed students in total: 474|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Juraj Štefanovič, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
|Last modification:||24. 9. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Ing. Juraj Štefanovič, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 09/24/2019.