Course syllabus BIAX10029 - Fundamentals of Programming (FI - WS 2019/2020)
|Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:|
Course unit title:
Fundamentals of Programming
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Informatics, 1. year, 1. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:|
in class tests and assignments -- 40 %
written exam - 60 %
A = 94 - 100 Points
B = 86 - 93 Points
C = 76 - 85 Points
D = 66 - 75 Points
E = 56 - 65 Points
FX = 0 - 55 Points
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The aim of this lecture is to introduce the students into basics of algorithms and programming. All important aspects of programming will be covered including: variables, expressions, control structures, data types, data structures, functions, data files, input/output statements, subprograms, top-down design and programming under WIN 32 environment.
1. Algorithms, programming languages, top-down design, subdivision of the
problem into subproblems.
2. Introduction into C language: Variables, expressions, control structures,
simple input and output statements.
3. Conditional statements and loops.
4. The file system: logical and physical view of a file, work with files.
5. Functions, blocks, passing of parameters, scope of parameters.
6. Recursion, definition, recursive functions, infinite recursion,
implementation and complexity of recursion.
7. Pointers, arrays and strings.
8. Data types and their specification, simple and structured data types, linked
lists, static and dynamic objects, work with dynamic memory.
9. Bit operations in C.
10. Structured programming, introduction into object-oriented programming in
11. Software: life cycle of the program, dynamic libraries.
|Recommended or required reading:|
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 454|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
prof. RNDr. Frank Schindler, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)
25. 11. 2019
|prof. RNDr. Frank Schindler, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 11/25/2019.