Course syllabus BIAX20009 - Modeling and Simulation (FI - SS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:||BIAX20009|
|Course unit title:||Modeling and Simulation|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||bachelor level, summer semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Two tasks have to be elaborated during semester, maximal evaluation 2x25 %.|
The basic knowledge of some usual programming language is a prerequisite.
Final examination is written, with maximal evaluation 50 %.
Summary is maximal 2 x 25 + 50 = 100 %.
Final grade is assigned in accordance with the table in current study regulations.
Minimal success is grade E by 56% of evaluation.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Study and practices with selected methods and algorithms for modeling and simulation. Main target is a discrete dynamic modeling and simulation for information technology applications, to handle with selected implementation tasks of process modeling in the field of information and communication systems. Second target is modeling and simulation of complex systems.|
|- classification of modeling and simulation methods
- modeling methods based on graphs (event graphs, queueing systems, Petri nets, small world networks)
- modeling methods based on formal languages (signals and processes in VHDL)
- modeling methods based on interactive agents (colonies and networks)
- modeling methods based on computing (differential equations, stochastic matrixes)
- random variables (selected topics from probability and statistics)
- search and optimisation algorithms, based on natural processes (genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, neural networks)
- informations about selected tools for modeling and simulation
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Assessed students in total: 230|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Juraj Štefanovič, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
|Last modification:||11. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Ing. Juraj Štefanovič, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 06/11/2019.