Course syllabus BIAX10026 - Business Information Systems (FI - SS 2019/2020)
Course unit code:
|Course unit title:||Business Information Systems|
Planned learning activities and teaching methods:
-- item not defined --
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
|For the successful completion of the course student must take active part during the lectures and consultations. Student should elaborate semestral project evaluate at least with the E grade. Final grade will be calculated in 40% from the semestral project grade and 60% from the final written and oral test.|
A = 94 – 100 points = 1
B = 86 – 93 points = 1,5
C = 76 – 85 points = 2
D = 66 – 75 points = 2,5
E = 56 – 65 points = 3
FX = 0 – 55 points = 4
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The aim of the course is to give complex overview of the current enterprise information systems with the emphasis on their connection to the main and supporting enterprise processes. The focus is on the ERP systems applications and different levels of management. The course also highlight the digital transformation of the enterprises in Industry 4.0 and horizontal and vertical integration of enterprise IS.
After the completion of the course student will gain knowledge about the enterprise information systems. Student will understand the relationship between the enterprise information systems and enterprise processes. Student will be able to value enterprise information systems asset. He will comprehend enterprise processes digitalization and their relationship, as well as the Industry 4.0 concept.
|1. Informatics and business informatics, history and terminology
2. Enterprise information systems (ERP)
3. Enterprise information systems implementation principles
4. Customer relationship management (CRM)
5. Supply chain management (SCM)
7. Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), CA.. technologies
8. Product Data Management (PDM)
9. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
10. Enterprise Content management (ECM)
11. Business analytics (BI, Big Data, Small Data)
12. Digital transformation. Horizontal and vertical Integration of IS.
13. Information systems asset valuation.
|Recommended or required reading:|
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 294|
Name of lecturer(s):
|doc. RNDr. Eugen Ružický, CSc. (person responsible for course)|
doc. Ing. Jana Šujanová, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
26. 5. 2020
Last modification made by Mgr. Jozef Sisák on 05/26/2020.