Sylabus predmetu BIAX30015 - User Interface - Design and Testing (FI - SS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:|
User Interface - Design and Testing
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Applied Informatics - 5 semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:|
|Projects - 50%|
Final exam - 50%
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|To teach students about software usability and methods and techniques for design of usable software, mainly the web and mobile applications. To teach them to use these techniques for designing of simple applications. There is no need to programming skills.|
1. Introduction to usability. Usability in real life.
2. Information architecture I. Analysis: Persons, tasks, ...
3. Information architecture II. Design: Structure, navigation, ...
4. Psychology and usability of websites and applications. How to apply the psychology principles while anticipate and explain their thinking and behavior. Psychological principles of usability in different areas: attention, visual perception, memory and language. Fitts law - and when is not true.
5. designing and prototyping.
6. Usability testing.
7. Usability testing by using eye tracker.
8. Testing of mobile devices. Case study.
9. How to use usability in software development. UX and agile methods of software development. Case study.
10. Usability of mobile applications and web sites. Case study.
11. Web analytics.
12. Case studies, discussion.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 16|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
RNDr. Ján Lacko, PhD. (person responsible for course)
18. 12. 2019
|Supervisor:||RNDr. Ján Lacko, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 12/18/2019.