Course syllabus BEEX30352 - Intellectual Property (FEP - SS 2019/2020)
Course unit code:
Course unit title:
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
Economics and business management, 3rd semester
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:|
A project on a given topic. Maximum score: 40.
Final exam: The form of the examination is a written test consisting of open and closed questions. Maximum points: 60.
Individual grades of the credit system scale are awarded on the basis of a score, which reflects the degree of success of the course as follows:
A = 94 or more points = 1
B = 86-93 points = 1.5
C = 76-85 = 2
D = 66-75 = 2.5
E = 56-65 = 3
FX = 0-55 points = 4
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The aim of the course is to give the student basic knowledge of the essence of intellectual property, the ways of protecting intellectual property and the principles of using the knowledge of other authors so that intellectual property rights are not infringed.
1. The concept and subject matter of intellectual property law, intangible property law (right of protection of the personality of a natural person and protection of the name and good name of a legal person, intellectual property right (copyright, related rights and related rights); industrial and similar rights Relation of intellectual property regulation to individual branches of Slovak law.
2. Copyright, concept and legal regulation (SR and EU), copyright subjects, copyright work (types of conceptual characters, definition, forms of copyright works, exclusive copyright, copyright restrictions, origin and duration of copyright, inheritance of copyright) ). The right of performers (copyright-related right), the right of producers of phonograms and audiovisual recordings and the right of broadcasters (rights related to copyright), creative database. Work with databases of the Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic.
3. Employee and school regime for the exercise of intellectual property rights.
Industrial rights to the results of creative intellectual activity: patent law, design law, utility model law, semiconductor product topography law, new plant varieties and new animal breeds.
7. Industrial designation rights: trade mark law, designation of origin and geographical indications of products, trade names. Work with databases of the Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic.
8. Transfer and transfer of industrial property rights.
9. - 10. Rights similar to industrial rights (innovation law, new ways of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of humans and animals and protection of plants against pests and diseases, right of know-how, logo right, right of domain names, right to name and goodwill (good repute of a legal entity).
11. Intellectual property rights (trade secret law, competition law - antitrust law and unfair competition (facts); misleading labeling of goods and services;
12. The sense of protection of intellectual property in the process of internationalization. Contracts and agreements, multilateral industrial property agreements. Choice of intellectual property protection.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
Assessed students in total: 132
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. RNDr. Beáta Stehlíková, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
18. 12. 2019
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 12/18/2019.