Course syllabus BEEX10097 - Management (FEP - SS 2019/2020)
|Course unit code:||BEEX10097|
|Course unit title:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
-- item not defined --
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
|Active participation in seminars, during the semester, students work out the semester work they present. Semester work, presentation, and active participation make up 40%|
and written exam 60% of the total evaluation of the subject.
Individual grades of the credit system qualification scale are awarded on the basis of scoring, which reflects the degree of success of the course completion as follows:
A = 94 - 100 points = 1
B = 86 - 93 points = 1.5
C = 76 - 85 points = 2
D = 66 - 75 points = 2.5
E = 56 - 65 points = 3
FX = 0 - 55 points = 4
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
To acquaint students with the conceptual and theoretical foundations of management. To provide students with the necessary knowledge of object management. To acquaint students with the basic management functions and their use. Characterize the content of managerial communication. Clarify requirements for communication and application skills of management subjects. Characterize people's motivation and management styles.
|1. Introduction to the study. The essence and importance of management. Theory, practice and main tasks of management. Organization, managers, business.
2. Management concepts. Modern approaches to management. Characteristics of American, European and Japanese management. Global Management.
3. Manager and his competences. Managerial skills. Emotional intelligence. Management styles.
4. Managerial functions and roles. The role of communication in management. Interpersonal communication. Professional and managerial communication.
5. Strategic management. The essence, theory, and practice of strategy. Strategic management process.
6. Planning. Plan function in management. The integrated planning system and functional components of plans. Planning methods and techniques.
7. Organizing. Main types of organizational structures. Tendencies of development of organizational structures.
8. Leadership. Approaches and leadership styles. Personal management. Personal Security. Evaluation and improvement of work performance. Remuneration.9. Motivation. Definition of work motivation and motivation tools. Corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. Ethics and ethical standards in the business.
10. Control. Characteristics of the control process. Content of controls, focus, and types of controls. Control system.
11. Managerial decision-making. The essence and place of decision-making in management. Typology, basic elements and of the decision-making process. Decision-making methods.
12. Teamwork. Creating effective teams. Team roles and teamwork.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 223|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
30. 4. 2020
Last modification made by Mgr. Jozef Sisák on 04/30/2020.