Course syllabus BEEX10010 - Marketing (FEP - SS 2019/2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Economics and Business|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
-- item not defined --
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:|
|Active participation in seminars, during the semester students, elaborate two case studies that they present (one of them is presented through a social network, a proposal for product advertising). Case studies and presentations make up 40% and written exam 60% of the total evaluation of the subject.|
Individual grades of the credit system qualification scale are awarded on the basis of scoring, which reflects the degree of success of the course completion as follows:
A = 94 - 100 points = 1
B = 86 - 93 points = 1.5
C = 76 - 85 points = 2
D = 66 - 75 points = 2.5
E = 56 - 65 points = 3
FX = 0 - 55 points = 4
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|Upon successful completion of this course, the student knows the basic principles of marketing and marketing management, knows the tools of the marketing mix and understands the importance of marketing for the overall management of a company. Based on the acquired knowledge the student is able to identify the basic problem levels of marketing, marketing mix of products and marketing mix of services. The student will acquire basic knowledge about marketing research (phases of marketing research, market research).|
1. Definition of the subject of marketing, marketing in a changing world, creating value for the customer, satisfying the needs of the customer.
2. Strategic planning and marketing process.
3. Marketing in the Internet era. Marketing environment, microenvironment, and the macroenvironment.
4. Management of marketing information, purchasing behavior of consumers and organizations.
5. Preparation of marketing strategy. Segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
6. The marketing mix, product and service strategy, new product development, product life cycle.
7. Pricing policy and pricing strategy.
8. Distribution policy. Retail. Wholesale.
9. Marketing communication: advertising, sales promotion, and PR.
10. Marketing communication: personal sales and direct marketing, WOM, viral marketing.
location, distribution, price,
11. Marketing and society, corporate social responsibility, forms of CSR, ethics in marketing.
12. Marketing research. Case studies.
|Recommended or required reading:|
Language of instruction:
Assessed students in total: 924
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Soňa Chovanová Supeková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
|18. 12. 2019|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 12/18/2019.