Course syllabus BEEX60340 - International Marketing (FEP - SS 2019/2020)
|Course unit code:|
Course unit title:
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
-- item not defined --
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
Active participation, elaboration of the Case study and its presentation, written test, and exam
The level of mastering the objectives and the results of the study will be checked through presentations on the selected, respectively. assigned topic and exam consisting of written and oral parts. Students can earn 20 points and 60 points for the final exam for presentation and written work. The final score will be determined by the sum of the points gained using the standard scale of points and marks.
Goal Master Level:
Case Study 20 points
Case Study presentation and discussion 20 points
60 points test
Case Study / 30 points
60 points test
Discussion to Case Study 10 points
Individual grades of the credit system qualification scale are awarded on the basis of scoring, which reflects the degree of success of the course completion as follows:
A = 94 - 100 points = 1
B = 86 - 93 points = 1.5
C = 76 - 85 points = 2
D = 66 - 75 points = 2.5
E = 56 - 65 points = 3
FX = 0 - 55 points = 4
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|The aim of the course is to acquire knowledge focused on the mission and functions of marketing in the international European and world space. Students will acquire the necessary knowledge of world business communities, ways to apply marketing theory in international environment, marketing principles in EU and world countries, about analyzes and procedures of entering foreign markets, about factors influencing the choice of international markets, topics of international diversity environment and proposal of a marketing strategy program for the target foreign markets and modifications of the marketing mix when companies operate on the foreign market. The task of teaching the subject is:
Get Knowledge About
- international trade rules,
- the international marketing environment,
- international marketing research, international product, pricing, distribution, and communication policy,
- on the implementation and coordination of international marketing programs.
1. International marketing and contemporary world. Domestic, foreign and international market, basic concepts of MM, main theoretical approaches to internationalization
2. The international environment and its impact on international business, comparative studies of emerging markets. CSR in the international marketing environment.
3. International marketing research. Methods of MM research, course, and management, information sources.
4. Strategic planning and growth strategies in international marketing.
5. Forms of companies entering the international market and territorial expansion.
6. Segmentation of international markets, choice of target markets, positioning. Destination country decision. Political, economic and cultural factors.
7. Segmentation of international markets, choice of target markets, positioning. Destination country decision. Geographical, demographic and technological factors.
8. International brand strategy.
9. International product policy.
10. International pricing policy.
11. International distribution policy. Transport and distribution strategies.
12. International marketing communication.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:|
|Assessed students in total: 216|
Name of lecturer(s):
doc. Ing. Soňa Chovanová Supeková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)
18. 12. 2019
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Soňa Chovanová Supeková, PhD.|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 12/18/2019.