Course syllabus BEEX10238 - Corporate Planning (FEP - SS 2019/2020)
|Faculty of Economics and Business|
|Course unit code:|
Course unit title:
Planned learning activities and teaching methods:
|4th semester of the Study program Economics and Management of Business|
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
seminar work, active participation, presentation, written test
The individual grades of the credit system qualification scale are awarded on the basis of point evaluation, which reflects the degree of success of the course as follows:
A = 94 - 100 points = 1
B = 86 - 93 points = 1.5
C = 76 - 85 points = 2
D = 66 - 75 points = 2.5
E = 56 - 65 points = 3
FX = 0 - 55 points = 4
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|This course focuses on the study of a comprehensive system of business planning (English equivalent: Business planning). The aim of this course is to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge of the position, tasks, structure and content of a complex business planning system and its sub-subsystems - such as normative planning, strategic planning and operational planning. Students will learn the concepts, methods and tools used in each part of the business planning system. The space will also be devoted to their application in a number of practical case studies, which will enable students to comprehensively understand the issue. The position and tasks of the corporate planning system in the corporate management system based on the concept of corporate controlling will also be clarified.|
|1. The nature, content and importance of business plans in the company.
2. System of business plans, organization of planning process in the company.
3. Normative planning - determination of corporate mission and vision, value of a company and Value Based Management, Shareholder Value planning and concept of Economic Value Added (EVA).
4. Normative planning - set of balanced objectives and indicators - Balanced Scorecard concept; system of sustainable goals and indicators in the context of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility).
5. Setting business goals and planning global performance indicators of the company and its business units - planning of key performance indicators - KPI (Key Performance Indicators) concept, in-house planning of key performance indicators of business units.
6. Strategic planning for the enterprise as a whole - business strategy and planning of the business portfolio structure, business and competitive strategies, strategies in functional areas of management.
7. Strategic planning of business portfolio - SWOT analysis, strategic SWOT matrix, portfolio analyzes, GAP analysis of strategic gap in the business portfolio, analysis of the age structure of the business portfolio.
8. Planning of business and functional strategies - empirical cost curve, business life cycle curve, business and competitive strategies according to Porter, Porter's model of competitive forces in the industry, strategies in functional areas of management.
9. Operational planning - Integrated Operational Planning (SIOP) - primary plan - sales plan, secondary plans - enterprise resource plans, business result plans, key performance indicator plan.
10. Operational planning - Integrated Operational Planning System (SIOP) - marketing and sales plan, production planning and production capacity balancing, purchase plan of raw materials, materials and semi-finished products, personnel planning, planned investment programs.
11. Operational planning - Integrated Operational Planning (SIOP) - Result Plans - Economic Outcome Plan, Profit and Loss Plan, Cash Flow Plan, Planned Balance, Income Operating Plan Based on Cover Contributions, Key Performance Indicators Plan (KPI) .
12. Control in planning, integrated process from planning to controlling.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 694|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
prof. Ing. Rastislav Rajnoha, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor)
|18. 12. 2019|
Last modification made by Ján Lukáš on 12/18/2019.