Course syllabus P3310 - Competition Law (FP - WS 2020/2021)
|Course unit code:||P3310|
Course unit title:
Planned learning activities and teaching methods:
3nd year of bachelor degree/1st year of master degree
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
Gaining knowledge of the law of unfair competition and illegal restriction of competition.
Obtain necessary terminology in relation to its practical use.
The application of the model law cases from practice.
The orientation and skills in working with legislation, case law and in the application of law.
Improve the legal thinking, legal logic, oral and written expression.
Improving skills in the use of legal institutions of the other branches of law
1. Competition (basic characteristics) - Regulating competition - forms of abuses of participation in the competition - the protection of competition (the main characteristics and the legal framework)
2. Unfair competition (essential characteristics) - General clause
3. Misleading advertising and deceptive labeling of goods and services - types of advertising - a practical case
4. Recalling the likelihood of confusion - practical cases
5. riding on reputation - a practical case
6. New forms of unfair competition (domain grabbing, cybersquatting)
7. Legal means of protection against unfair competition
8. Illegal restriction of competition (essential characteristics) - the issue of the relevant markets
10. Abuse of dominance
12. leniency program
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 1|
Name of lecturer(s):
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2020|
Last modification made by Mgr. Lenka Sekretárová on 04/16/2020.