Course syllabus BEEX70342 - Marketing Communication (FEP - WS 2020/2021)
|Faculty of Economics and Business|
|Course unit code:|
Course unit title:
Planned learning activities and teaching methods:
|-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
|Active participation in seminars, during the semester students, will elaborate on two case studies they present. Case studies and presentations make up 40% and written exam 60% of the total evaluation of the subject.|
Individual grades of the credit system qualification scale are awarded on the basis of scoring, which reflects the degree of success of the course completion as follows:
A = 94 - 100 points = 1
B = 86 - 93 points = 1.5
C = 76 - 85 points = 2
D = 66 - 75 points = 2.5
E = 56 - 65 points = 3
FX = 0 - 55 points = 4
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The aim of the course is to provide students with knowledge of marketing communication. The course provides a comprehensive overview of the various forms of marketing communication, focuses on integrated marketing communication of various tools of the communication mix: advertising, public relations, direct marketing, sales promotion, online communication, direct sales. The course is focused on their functions and theoretical foundations, but mainly on practical use, where case studies from marketing practice will be offered. The partial goal is to use theoretical knowledge in the development of communication strategy and communication campaigns to communicate with the consumer.
|1. Communication and mass media: similarities and tools of communication, communication process, communication and problem-solving.
2. Communication of the organization, identity, culture, and image of the organization.
3. Integrated marketing communication as a part of the marketing mix.
4. Offering as communication, market segmentation and market coverage, positioning, product, price and distribution as marketing communication tools in a broad sense.
5. Addressing as a starting point of marketing communication.
6. Marketing communication in the narrower sense, promotion, subliminal, hidden and business communication.
7. Advertising, advertising history, forms of advertising, advertising at present. Point-of-sale advertising POS, POP.
8. Promotion of sales, fairs, and exhibitions.
9. Personal selling, sales personality, psychological aspects of personal selling.
10. Public relations, sponsorship.
11. Direct marketing and internet, online marketing, new forms of marketing communication.
12. Social networks and marketing communication, content marketing.
|Recommended or required reading:|
Language of instruction:
|Assessed students in total: 188|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Soňa Chovanová Supeková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)|
|Last modification:||5. 6. 2020|
Last modification made by Mgr. Jozef Sisák on 06/05/2020.