Course syllabus BSPP10115 - Introduction to Psychodiagnostics (FPS - WS 2020/2021)
|Course unit code:|
Course unit title:
|Introduction to Psychodiagnostics|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|-- item not defined --|
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:|
-- item not defined --
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The course will provide basic theoretical knowledge about psychodiagnostics and psychological evaluation. Students will acquire basic principles of measurement and psychometrics, basic characteristics of psychodiagnostic methods. They will understand construciton of psychodiagnostic methods. They will also learn how to select, use and evaluate psychodiagnostic tools.
|1. Subject of psychodiagnostics, basic terms, relationship of psycho-diagnostics to other psychological and other disciplines.
2. History of testing abroad and in Slovakia. Basic approaches in psychodiagnostics: quantitative and qualitative. Their differences and comparison.
3. Diagnostic methods, types, classification, characteristics.
4. Psychodiagnostic process. Purpose and components of the process.
5. Measurements in psychology. Measurement specifications, measurement levels, measurement implementation, scaling.
6. Reliability and reliability estimates.
7. Validity and sources of validity evidence.
8. Item response theory. History, models, applications. Item and factor analysis.
9. Construction of test methods. Items, answers, scores, item analysis. Method adaptation. Standardization.
10. Normalization, test norms. Groups and selections for creating standards. Interpretation of tests. Diagnostics.
11. Ethical principles of testing.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
Assessed students in total: 366
Name of lecturer(s):
16. 9. 2020
|Supervisor:||doc. PhDr. Eva Szobiová, PhD.|
Last modification made by Mgr. Lenka Sekretárová on 09/16/2020.