Course syllabus BMMG10193 - Sound Design 1 (FM - SS 2020/2021)
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:||Sound Design 1|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
-- item not defined --
|Level of study:||1.|
Prerequisites for registration:
-- item not defined --
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|Students are focused on basic problems of sound dramaturgy and sound creation, they control technological processes of contact - localization of sound component in less demanding audiovisual works, as well as the basics of sound postproduction and work in sound - editing software. They are able to analyze, evaluate and solve problems in sound design in the field of sound design of less demanding audiovisual works. The result of the study is the development of elementary technological, practical, aesthetic and creative skills.|
The theoretical part of the lecture on the lecture is naturally connected with the practical work at the seminars where the listeners practically verify the acquired knowledge.
Exercises are given to the subject, which the student carries out during the given semesters during the semester. The exercises are done in part individually and then under the guidance of the pedagogue individually or in small groups. The final outputs are evaluated in a collective discussion of students under the guidance of a pedagogue.
List of topics and circuits:
1. Specifics of sound design in film, documentary and animated films.
2. Sound plans, perspectives and plasticity of sound.
3. Basic acoustic parameters: frequency - sound height; intensity - volume of sound; spectrum - color of sound.
4. Picture sound synchro, video audio counterpoint.
5. Specifics of psychoacoustic sound perception (masking, distortion in the auditory organ, binaural sound perception).
6. Basics of acoustics of premises - locational, concert, studio.
7. Digital Audio Course: Linking Devices, Most Common Communication Standards (SPDIF, EBU, TDIF), Wordclock Synchronization
8. Issues of volume and mix; Headroom; Digital Zero; Compression and expansion of the audio signal.
9. Student listening issues: sound monitors, dual channel reproduction, DD 5.1, DD EX, Dolby Atmos; listening to headphones
10. Analysis of the sound component of known film works.
11. Creation and analysis of sound design of student exercises.
12. Evaluation of projects.
Recommended or required reading:
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 109|
Name of lecturer(s):
30. 6. 2020
|Supervisor:||doc. Mgr. Anton Szomolányi, ArtD.|
Last modification made by Mgr. Jozef Sisák on 06/30/2020.