Course syllabus BMMG10204 - Advertising and Visual Communication 1 (FM - WS 2020/2021)
Course unit code:
Course unit title:
Advertising and Visual Communication 1
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
-- item not defined --
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Oral examination at the end of the semester of terms and content of individual topics, presentation of practical work done in teams on given topic.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
By passing the subject the student should get a basic overview of the so- marketing mix, current trends in marketing communication, and the very process of creating advertising campaigns. These basics lay the basis for a correct understanding of the role of visual communication in this process, the adoption of the principles of visual identity creation - from the point of view of branding, communication in the media to packaging design, in-store marketing, In the practical part, the subject is based on the practice of creating emotional communication with the recipient of media content. Within the subject the students in the working teams form the materials for visual communication, they make short etudes on the given topics.
1. Advertising function and audiovisual communication system
2. Current forms of advertising - a revolution called "digital marketing"
3. How to create an ad campaign
4. From entering to specific ad output - work in an advertising agency
5. Production of advertising - production and post-production processing
6. Visual communication, form and content
7. The socio-ethical dimension of advertising or are there limits of creativity?
8. The role of visual communication in marketing
9. Creation of an advertising spot
10. The basic stones of visual and audio identity
11. How to create a compact visual identity
ECO, U 2009. Teorie sémiotiky: Argo, Praha. ISBN 978-80-257-0157-7
MIRZOEFF, N. 2012. Úvod do vizuální kultury: Academia , Praha. ISBN: 978-80-200-1984-4
SCOTT, D. M. 2010. Nové pravidlá marketingu & PR: Eastone Books, Bratislava. ISBN 9788081091490.
JOPPOVÁ, Júlia. Umelecké techniky. In Grafický dizajn digitálnych médií [online].
Dostupné na internete: <http://www.grafika.net16.net/pdf/GDD/umelecke_techniky.pdf>
KELLER, Maura a Michelle TAUTE. 2012. Design Matters: An Essential Primer.
Beverly: Rockport Publishers. 448 s. ISBN 978-1-59253-738-9.
Recommended or required reading:
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
The subject is primarily taught in the Slovak language, in the English language it is for ERASMUS students
Assessed students in total: 58
|Name of lecturer(s):|
|30. 6. 2020|
Last modification made by Mgr. Jozef Sisák on 06/30/2020.